Last week was the Holiday Ideas Exchange on Pinterest. There were tons of wonderful seasonal crafts and recipes. Several that I saw inspired me to throw together this simple pumpkin bread. We are all busy these last two months of the year. This recipe is perfect for someone who is short on time, but still wants to give a little homemade goodness for the Holidays. You don't need to be an expert baker to get this recipe right. Just throw the ingredients together, pop it in the oven and let you home fill with the aroma of holiday spices!
You can add anything your taste buds crave to this bread. Bubba loves chocolate, so I threw in some semi-sweet chocolate chips. Walnuts or cranberries would be delicious as well.
Pumpkin Spice Bread
3 cups Sugar
1 cup Vegetable Oil
3 large Eggs
1 16 ounce can pumpkin puree
3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground Clover
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
(You may substitute Chocolate Chips with chopped Walnuts if you desire.)
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour two 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pans.
- In your stand mixer or a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Mix in eggs and pumpkin puree and fully blend.
- In a separate bowl sift four, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mix by adding 1/3 of the dry mix at a time. Beat until it is fully mixed.
- Add your chocolate chips and fold into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between your two loaf pans and make sure the batter is level in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Transfer to a rack to completely cool.