If Martha Washington, Steve McQueen and Willie Nelson collaborated on interior style American Vintage would be born. This classic trend has taken on new life with updated edgy pieces and antique accessories. Throw in some warm wood antiques and a few bits of modern glam and you've got it. The good news is that much of this has been fashionable since its creation. Colonial furniture is always a safe investment. Brass industrial pieces will be long lasting and forever edgy. Campy wool throws and pillows will always circle back around on the fashion wheel. And don't forget the thrill of hunting down and recycling vintage goods. Best of all.... if, after a few years, you decide to go in another décor direction, your transitional pieces can go with you.
- Nate Berkus Arrowhead Rug at Target
- Patrizia Chair at Anthropologie
- Rochelle Sofa at Crate and Barrel
- Camel Sack Pillow at One Kings Lane
- Revival Stripe Wool Throw at Faribault Mill
- Stevenson Coffee Table at William Sonoma
- Colonial Column Side Table at Wisteria
- Satellite Sconce at Schoolhouse Electric Co.
I have used Benjamin Moore products on all my painted furniture. They have just released their Williamsburg color collection. A fantastic array of traditional colors. I will definitely be using the Washington Blue seen above. The saturated color will be perfect for some bedside tables or a console.
What's your favorite trend? Let us know what you're loving right now.